This package offers the perfect mix of volunteering and chilling out in the beautiful country of Thailand. Volunteers will visit the Elephants in Surin, help the local community with a building project in Sangkhlaburi and party all night long in Koh Phangan. Voluntour Thailand allows passengers to give something back to the local community whilst seeing the sights of Thailand.
ARRIVE IN BANGKOK
We take the hassle out of arriving into Thailand by meeting you at the airport (BKK only) and helping you get checked in to your Guesthouse near Khao San Road (Green House, Soi Rambuttri).
ORIENTATION AND BANGKOK TOUR
After a quick chat about your trip it will be time for you to experience some of the most famous sites of Bangkok including the Temple of Dawn, Wat Arun and the Giant Golden Reclining Buddha. Then later that evening you will head back to the Khao San Road area for a few drinks with your new travel buddies.
TRANSFER TO SURIN
Time to leave the concrete jungle of Bangkok for a trip to Surin, the elephant capital of Thailand. Our team will help you get to Surin and give you all the info you need while you are there.
VOLUNTEER WITH ELEPHANTS
For the next 4 days and 3 nights you will live, work and play alongside a real elephant community on the rural outskirts of Surin. You’ll get to bathe the elephants, learn how to cut bamboo as a sustainable food supply and feed them, and help out in any other elephant related jobs. In return you’ll be treated to traditional Thai food from the village for the duration of your stay.
If you are an adventurous (or aquatic) kind of person then you can even go kayaking on the river.
On day 7 you will transfer back to the Surin volunteer house.
FREE TIME IN SURIN
You get some free time in Surin to go and do some shopping at the local market, explore the area or just take the day to chill out.
RETURN TO BANGKOK
We return to Bangkok for one more night of crazy fun in Bangkok before getting ready for the next stage of your volunteer adventure.
TRANSFER TO SANGKHLABURI
Have your camera ready for some stunning views from the window as you transfer to Sangkhlaburi, a picturesque town near the Burmese border, surrounded by lakes, rolling mountains and lush jungle.
VOLUNTEER BUILDING PROJECT
As a building volunteer you will get the chance to make a practical, lasting contribution to the local community of Sangkhlaburi. While you will be supported by a translator, don’t be surprised if by the end of your project you have learned at least one Thai word: ‘Job’. The ‘Job’ is the Thai workers’ tool of choice. We’d recognise it as a hoe but in Thailand it’s more like a multifunctional tool! Depending on your project you may learn how to use this for digging, as a shovel, for mixing or as a carrying tool.
RETURN TO BANGKOK
All the sweaty work is done and it is now time to transfer back to Bangkok for another stay near Khao San Road which, for some reason, never get’s boring. Think of this last night of Khao San Road as your pre-party party!
When we were younger we were told on Christmas Eve that Christmas would come sooner if we went to sleep earlier. Well day 17 is sort of like Christmas Eve, it gives you time to get excited about the following day! You will take an overnight transfer to Party Island, travelling by land and by boat through the night, and you will arrive on in the morning of day 18. Then it’s up to you to decide if you want two weeks of rest and relaxation on the sun kissed sands and warm sea waters or crazy night time fun at the home of the world famous Moon Parties. Whatever you decide to do it’s your choice, you’ve earned it.
RETURN TO BANGKOK and One Final Night near Khao San Road
It’s once again time to travel back to Bangkok. If you partied too hard or got too chilled out then the return to the city will give you chance to ease back into the ‘real world’ again. We’ll provide you with a transport to get back to Bangkok and then you get one final night near Khao San road (so this would be the after-party party, right?) – the perfect way to finish the Voluntour Thailand.
Time to Go Home
Take your memories, your photographs and your new friends, but be sure to leave a part of yourself in Thailand so you can come back for it someday.
- Bangkok: Shared twin, air con, en suite, breakfast included day 2 and 3. Khao San Road area giving all an opportunity to experience backpacker Bangkok.
- Surin Town: Shared rooms of between 3 and 4 people depending on room size. Mixture of single and bunk beds. Fans. Very clean (full time ‘maid’), kitchen area, living area, hot water showers, wi-fi. Very close to food stalls, convenience stores and restaurants/coffee shops etc. Regional team live within 3 minutes walk so always on hand.
- Elephant village home stay: Thai style houses with ground floor concrete and upstairs wood. Shared rooms (up to 5 in a room depending on size), mattresses on the floor, fans, kitchen and living area, squat toilets and cold water showers. No wi-fi
- Sangkhlaburi building - shared rooms in local hotel in Sangkhlaburi town:
• Has air-con
• En suite bathrooms with hot water showers
• Free wi-fi in the lobby
• Simple breakfast included
• 2 minutes walk from the local market
• Safe and secure (staff working 24/7)
• 3 mins walk from the 7/11 (v important to many travellers)
• It has a restaurant and small bar so life is very easy
• Opposite the local hospital - hopefully not needed but...
• 5 - 10 minutes from all the favourite restaurants / bars
- Koh Phangan - shared rooms (twin - quad bed) in a very pleasant resort with swimming pool. Air-Con rooms, close to the beach and safe and secure. Within 15 mins travel (excluding traffic jams!) of Haad Rin for the Full Moon Parties.
Private rooms are available at an extra cost
Trusted by travellers since 1979
We guarantee to beat any price
Low deposits, Book now. Pay later.
24/7/365 Help on the road
Trip Name: Thailand Voluntour Explorer (28 Nights)
Duration: 29 Days
From Price: £903
Supplier Tour ID: THIVOL/208734
We will be in touch shortly
Date of Birth: