This package offers the perfect mix of volunteering and chilling out in the beautiful country of Thailand. Volunteers will visit the Elephants in Surin, help out with local renovation projects and party all night long in Koh Phangan & Koh Tao. Voluntour Thailand allows passengers to give something back to the local community whilst seeing the sights of Thailand. Please be advised that we also offer a shorter version (22 days) for travel dates in 2020!
Bangkok / Surin
After getting settled in, kick off with the sightseeing on Day 2. Visit some of Bangkok’s acclaimed sites, including Wat Arun temple, the Giant Golden Reclining Buddha and enjoy a longtail boat ride down the canal. Grab a few drinks that evening on Khao San Road. The next day, it’s off to Surin, Thailand’s elephant capital, where you’ll get roll up your sleeves at a school renovation project. With roughly 4-6 hours of work every day, you’ll partake in anything from painting classrooms and fixing sinks to building gravity-fed water systems (sounds fancy). Wind down with some free time in Surin. (2B)
Surin / Elephant Village
Laid-back Surin is a great spot to spend a couple of days alongside other volunteers, with its markets, temple and Khmer ruins sitting nearby. On Day 11, roll up your sleeves as you get ready to live alongside a wonderful elephant community located outside of Surin. Over the next four days, help the local mahouts by harvesting or planting crops and join in the feeding and bathing of the elephants (our favourite bit). On top of that, you’ll get a taste for sumptuous Thai cuisine, have a go at kayaking and creating elephant dung paper. Your guess is as good as ours... (3B, 4L, 3D)
Bangkok / Koh Tao
On Day 15, retrun to Bangkok and enjoy a dose of Khao San Road’s bustling nightlife. The next day, take some time to relax or indulge with a Thai massage. Check out of your hotel in the evening to catch the overnight transfer towards the beaches of Koh Tao. Arrive at lunchtime on Day 17 and waste no time in hitting the sand. Your tour can either end here on Day 22, or extend your travels to Koh Phangan
Koh Phangan / Bangkok
An included boat transfer takes you to Koh Phangan, Thailand’s legendary party island. Spend a week relaxing on the island or head to the famous Full Moon Party. On Day 28, return to Bangkok for one final blow out before heading home on Day 29. (B)
- Bangkok - Shared twin, air con, en suite, breakfast included day 2 and 3. Khao San Road area giving all an opportunity to experience backpacker Bangkok.
- Surin - Elephant Project: During your time in Surin you will be staying both within the main town in a brilliant volunteer house and a homestay in the elephant village.
- Surin - Renovation at a local school - you will be staying at the volunteer house in Surin for the duration of your time in Surin.
- Koh Tao - Here you will stay in shared (twin/ triple) rooms in a fantastic resort minutes from the beach and close to night life on Sairee Beach.
- Koh Phangan - shared rooms (twin - quad bed) in a very pleasant resort with swimming pool. Air-Con rooms, close to the beach and safe and secure. Within 15 mins travel (excluding traffic jams!) of Haad Rin for the Full Moon Parties
Trusted by travellers since 1979
We guarantee to beat any price
Low deposits, Book now. Pay later.
24/7/365 Help on the road
Trip Name: Thailand Voluntour Explorer (28 Nights)
Duration: 29 Days
From Price: ₤1,145
Supplier Tour ID: THIVOL/208734
We will be in touch shortly
Date of Birth: